“Notice to Prospective Degree Program Students”
This institution is approved by the Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education to offer degree programs. To continue to offer degree programs, this institution must meet the following requirements:
- Become institutionally accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the United States Department of Education, with the scope of the accreditation covering at least one degree program.
- Achieve accreditation candidacy or pre-accreditation, as defined in regulations, by July 1, 2017, and full accreditation by July 1, 2020.
If this institution stops pursuing accreditation, it must:
- Stop all enrollment in its degree programs, and
- Provide a teach-out to finish the educational program or provide a refund.
An institution that fails to comply with accreditation requirements by the required dates shall have its approval to offer degree programs automatically suspended.
The Accreditation Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (ACAOM or Commission) terminated Nine Star University of Health Sciences’ (NSUHS) Pre-Accreditation (Candidacy) status effective April 10, 2017.
NSUHS has officially notified ACAOM of its intent to seek – Pre-Accreditation (Candidacy) status by submitting a Self-Study Report for Pre-Accreditation no later than October 1, 2017 for consideration at the Commission’s February 2018 meeting. NSUHS cannot make any guarantees regarding the outcome of this effort.
ACAOM is the recognized accrediting agency for institutions/programs preparing acupuncture and Oriental medicine practitioners. ACAOM is located at 8941 Aztec Drive, Eden Prairie, Minnesota 55347; phone 952/212-2434; fax 952/657-7068.
California BPPE Disclosure Information
California Education Code (CEC) section 94934 requires institutions to submit an annual report to the Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education (BPPE) that includes the following.
- The total number of students enrolled by level of degree or for a diploma;
- The number of degrees, by level, and diplomas awarded;
- The degree levels and diplomas offered;
- The Performance Fact Sheet
- The school catalog
- The total charges for each educational program
- A statement indicating whether the institution is, or is not, current in remitting Student Tuition Recovery Fund assessments;
- A statement indicating whether an accrediting agency has taken any final disciplinary action against the institution, if applicable;
- Additional information deemed by the Bureau to be reasonably required to ascertain compliance with the law.
- BPPE Annual Report 2015
- BPPE Performance Fact Sheet for MTCM Program 2014-2015
- BPPE Performance Fact Sheet for DAOM Program 2014-2015
- BPPE Performance Fact Sheet for Massage Therapist Program 2014-2015
- BPPE Performance Fact Sheet for Massage Practitioner Program 2014-2015
- Enrollment Agreement
- Catalog 2015-2016